Sunday, March 30, 2008

Bottling Day

So the beer has been in the fermenter for 2 weeks. Fermentation has done it's thing & it's time to bottle.
First I had sanitize (24) bottles. I used the dishwasher.


Added a bit too much sanitizer.





Then I have to get the beer out of the fermenter and into the bottling bucket. You do this by placing the racking cane into the fermenter, attach a rubber hose to it, suck(hey now), and let the beer flow into the bucket. I put 4 ozs of dissolved corn sugar into the bottom of the bucket. This will work with the remaining yeast to make the beer have bubbles.




After the beer is in the bucket it's time to start filling up the bottles.




Then cap em off.



Beer should be ready to drink about in 2-3 weeks. I tasted a bit before bottling and it tasted like flat beer. Which I guess is a good sign.
Hope I don't end up with 24 bottles of crappy beer.

No comments: